Thursday 27 May 2021

Rhythmic callback

 YES! We got a callback from the gym club for our rhythmic dance performance . I can't believe this, well I can but this is such good news.  After school I sprinted home as fast as I could, I could feel the breeze in my face. I quickly unpacked my school bag a race to the car. My mum took me to the gym club then got a seat.  I started to get into a cold sweat and started to worry if I mess up, or I forget my lines, or stumbled. But I told my self I would go on stage and be the best ringmaster ever.


"Wainui Beach please enter the stage." We hopped up in our line order, we took our places behind Girls High and waited nervously. We watched a few dances and how amazing all of them where. "Wainui Beach School take your positions please." We all walked on stage, our arms and legs were trembling. I got ready to start then the music started to play I started doing my one handed cartwheel but then it was my time to shine.  I started acting out my solo for about 30 seconds, then we started to dance.  We gave it our all. When we got off stage we were so proud of ourselves.


We watched two teams preform, then it was finished Rhythmic was done. It was so fun, I wanted experience it all again. After we could go in the practice room and get changed and get warm. I thanked our coach so many times, she was the best coach ever, she helped us when we didn't know what to do, so thank you Jacks so much.     


 






1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic blog post Lola! You successfully used a variety of different sentence structures. You also proved that you can use appropriate punctuation in your writing, for example speech marks. This made your post extremely interesting to read. As a reader, you gave me a clear insight into your exciting day. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about