Friday 21 May 2021

Gym Festival

 It is 1 week and two days until the Gym Festival!  I am so nervous all these thoughts went through my brain what if I muck up, what if I don't stick the landing, what if I forget the moves?   I can do this I kept telling myself.

Every morning we practice our floor, beam, and vault at 8.30 with Koka Ngaire so we will be ready for the competition. Alivia, Charlotte M, and I are not doing competition but Aria is competing. We have all got our floor routine nailed as we had to make it up all by ourselves.

Vault was easy once I got the hang of it because I kept putting my feet closer to the ground each time which was how i got the hang of it.

Beam was the hardest off all it was easy learning it but the moves where hard.  The easy moves where dip steps and the ending when we cartwheel/roundoff off. The hard moves where getting on the beam, holding your leg, and doing arabesque.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about