Tuesday 12 November 2019

Te tapuwae o Rongokako marine reserve

I can't wait to go to the marine reserve it will be so fun.  When the teacher put us in cars we drove to the marine reserve. Once we arrived we listened to what Joe said we needed to do, then we got in the water with our snorkel gear and wetsuit.  I wondered if I was going to see any sting-rays and crabs. 

I wasn't to good when I started off but when I got the hang of it it was easy.  I saw the most biggest starfish ever but that was the only starfish I've ever seen.  The starfish was so beautiful it was a black starfish.  

It was  freezing in the water but the seaweed was really warm when I brushed past it.  The deeper it got the cooler it was  because we got to see a lot of stuff like pink coral and seaweed that looked like M&Ms.  I got really cold, but I stayed in for 3/4 of the time and got out for 1/4 of the time.  Once we got back we had something to eat and had a play.  

My highlight was seeing the beautiful starfish. Then we went back to Kapa Haka.  I agree that in five years time I will vote for the marine reserve to stay because it is the most beautiful place ever and we need the marine reserve because if we don't have it any more our seacreutures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about